Once again, I found myself with an excess of fabric from class. I screen printed this fabric last Fall and wanted to make something simple to show it off. The pillowcases were extremely easy to make and I love how they turned out! I can now enjoy my one of a kind fabric in my living room instead of storing it in a box.
2-16 inch pillows
1/4 inch double fold bias tape
Sewing machine and thread
1. Cut 1 17×17 inch square, 1 17×8.5 in rectangle and 1 17×12 inch rectangle.
2. On smallest rectangle, pin down 1/4 inch bias tape to one of the wide sides.
3. Stitch down bias tape.
4. On medium size rectangle, fold over 1/4 inch twice to create hem. Sew Down.
5. Lay square piece right side up. Place piece with piping right side down, lining up 3 raw edges. Pin and stitch the two pieces together at 1/2 inch.
6. Lay hemmed piece right side down on top, again lining up 3 raw edges. Pin and stitch together.
7. Clip all corners.
8. Flip pillowcase right side out and fit over 16 inch pillow!